- How Much Me Time is Enough?Posted 3 months ago
- How to Get Back Into Winter RunningPosted 3 months ago
- Amazon Prime: A Review – To Member or Not to MemberPosted 2 years ago
- Living The Bonus Round: Is This Having It All?Posted 2 years ago
- McDonald’s Salad Society Deliver’sPosted 2 years ago
- Berlin on a BudgetPosted 2 years ago
- Berlin Bound!Posted 2 years ago
- How To Stain Wood: A DIY Desk from Canadian TirePosted 2 years ago
- What You Really Need For Baby: A Minimalist GuidePosted 3 years ago
- Renovations in Toronto: It Begins – Part 1Posted 3 years ago
American Express: Refer a Friend Program!
Having gone through a renovation and now having a kid, we have a lot of expenses. A LOT! So whenever I can, I rack up rewards. Cash back, points or otherwise.
A few years ago I was invited to an Amex Gold Rewards Card event. After I applied and was approved for a Gold Rewards Card, I started using it, and haven’t looked back since. When I applied for the Card, I earned a Welcome Bonus of 25,000 points. I used and used that Card and this summer, I got to redeem those points and fly to Cincinnati to attend the wedding of my best friend from university. In my personal home life, with everything going on and all of our expenses, I would have found a way to get to that wedding one way or another but not having to worry at all about my flight was a huge incentive for me.
Of course, now that I have fewer points than normal, I’m looking at the refer a friend program to bump up my point stash. See, as a new Cardmember, when you sign up to Amex you get a welcome bonus (I got the 25,000 when I opened a Gold Rewards Card ). But now, if I refer a friend, I will get 10,000 points-just for you opening up a card:) If you’re like me and you’re trying to get some more points-all you need to do to set up your account is
- Visit americanexpress.ca/referafriend
- Fill in your name and Card number (So I would put my name and card number)
- Send the Refer a Friend Invite out to friends and family
- Ensure your family and friends apply through the link so you get the rewards
The levels of rewards vary depending on what card you hold. Personally, as I have the Gold Rewards Card – I would get 10,000 points when a friend applies for a card (My friend would get the 25,000 welcome bonus) Additional levels of Cardmember rewards and referrals can be found here.
If you don’t want to travel, you can always use your points for various other things like:
- Getting product from the catalogue (I have looked once or twice at getting a Holt’s gift card)
- Getting cash back to put towards purchases
- Redeeming points for various experiences like concerts and sporting events
Personally, I love my Amex as my “me card”. It’s safe, convenient, mine and mine alone, and it’s gold which is just a nice colour to look at!
“This post was sponsored by Amex Bank of Canada. The views and opinions expressed in this blog, however are my own”