- How Much Me Time is Enough?Posted 3 months ago
- How to Get Back Into Winter RunningPosted 3 months ago
- Amazon Prime: A Review – To Member or Not to MemberPosted 2 years ago
- Living The Bonus Round: Is This Having It All?Posted 2 years ago
- McDonald’s Salad Society Deliver’sPosted 2 years ago
- Berlin on a BudgetPosted 2 years ago
- Berlin Bound!Posted 2 years ago
- How To Stain Wood: A DIY Desk from Canadian TirePosted 2 years ago
- What You Really Need For Baby: A Minimalist GuidePosted 3 years ago
- Renovations in Toronto: It Begins – Part 1Posted 3 years ago
Easy Dinner Recipie: 10 Minute Barilla Pasta
I love to cook but patience has never been my virtue. Thus I’m always on the hunt for quick easy dinners, I can make with very little planning and whatever is in my fridge:)
The other day, Barilla pasta reached out to send me a package inclusive of some pasta, olive oil, other goodies and wine. Barilla is looking to bring the Mediterranean diet back. Meaning we eat a balanced diet, inclusive of carbs, proteins, dairy, fruits and veggies.
I’m Italian so pasta is certainly one of my pleasures. As I didn’t have anything planned for dinner, I decided to give their dish a try. This one was full of fresh ingredients which by themselves lent a great “sauce like” taste. No red sauce needed.
The reason this dish is 10 minutes is there really ins’t much measuring (at least how I do it)
- Heat up a frying pan with a little butter
- Dice 1 onion (can be any kind)
- Chop up 10 (more or less) mushrooms
- Sauté onions and mushrooms together until browned
- Add leftover wine to taste
- Chop up Kale and add to frying pan sauté
- Once all items are simmering together, add diced tomatoes and a can of peas
- Simmer al ingredients together
While everything is simmering, bring a pot of water to boil. Add Barilla Pasta an soften until it’s at the texture you like.
Drain pasta and add sautéed ingredients to pasta. Add parmesan cheese and serve
The reason this pasta is so quick to make is most ingredients can be swapped out for whatever you have in the fridge. Most people have an onion and some lettuce lying around but if you have other vegetables, feel free to dice them,sauté them and add them to the mix!