Guest Post by Maddie Monroe
My normal morning routine requires at minimum 30 minutes to prep my eyeshadow, signature cat eyeliner and pile on enough mascara to make my naturally gold eyelashes visible! But after a visit to the lash artists at Flirt Custom Lash (FCL), I can leave that behind!
Last week, FCL last artist Lynda (who is a wizard, in my humble opinion) designed and applied a custom set of hollow silk eyelash extensions to my eyes. Now I’m pin-up ready with no prep. I love it and it’s a total time-saver for the gal on the go.
Here’s how it works:
- You go in for your initial “full set” appointment with completely bare eyes (no cover-up, shadow, liner or mascara!)
- You speak to a lash artist about your lifestyle, your look, and what you’re hoping to get out of these extensions (ex: big dramatic look for an upcoming event; nice, subtle substance for a makeup-free vacation, etc.)
- The lash artist designs a set for you, using 7-9 types of individual hollow silk eyelashes
- You lie down on a table, the lash artist preps your eyes, and then you nap or chat for the next 1.5 hours while your artist applies the extensions one-by-one to each of your adult eyelashes, using tweezers and a medical-grade hypoallergenic adhesive
- You try to keep your fabulous new lashes relatively dry for the next 12-18 hours so the adhesive can completely set
- You’re good to go for the next 3-4 weeks! No mascara needed – just brush out your lashes every once and a while so they maintain their luscious curl
- Book your “relash” appointment for the 3 week mark so you can get your flirty fix and keep your lashes going. Relash appointments are usually 1 hour in length
- Once your lashes are in, you can go swimming in salt water, work out, shower – anything! Just stay away from oil-based makeup products, or sudden blasts of hot air (opening the oven, etc.) since they weaken the adhesive
Now the kicker. Here’s how FCL is different from other companies:
- They use hypoallergenic, medical-grade adhesive to apply the hollow silk lashes (only 1% of the population will react – usually those with a preexisting carbon allergy)
- They never use real mink
- They cater to both men and women
- They custom-design your lashes using a wide variety of lash types (different curls, textures, lengths, widths), not just the usual two (short & long)
- Their incentive program is excellent: By referring others to their service (with the Spread the Love discount cards) the person you refer gets 15% off their full set, and you get 15% off your next relash!
- They have locations in Burlington and Brampton, as well as the 777 Richmond West location
Overall, I found the FCL crew incredibly warm and welcoming. They answered all of my (many questions) and they were very thorough. Since we had met before, they knew I liked a pinup style so Lynda designed a fabulous cat-eye look for me. Since my appointment, I take way less time in the morning to get ready and I’ve had tons of compliments on my lashes! Not a single person asked me if they were fake – that’s how natural they look!