- How Much Me Time is Enough?Posted 3 months ago
- How to Get Back Into Winter RunningPosted 3 months ago
- Amazon Prime: A Review – To Member or Not to MemberPosted 2 years ago
- Living The Bonus Round: Is This Having It All?Posted 2 years ago
- McDonald’s Salad Society Deliver’sPosted 2 years ago
- Berlin on a BudgetPosted 2 years ago
- Berlin Bound!Posted 2 years ago
- How To Stain Wood: A DIY Desk from Canadian TirePosted 2 years ago
- What You Really Need For Baby: A Minimalist GuidePosted 3 years ago
- Renovations in Toronto: It Begins – Part 1Posted 3 years ago
Marilyn Denis: Grocery Shopping On A Budget
Yesterday, we did an episode on Marilyn Denis about grocery shopping on a budget. I was shopping against the Extreme Coupon Mom Aimee Geroux.
Turns out, I was the underdog:)
The challenge was to plan a dinner party for 6 people on a budget of $50. Knowing I was going up against the Extreme Coupon Mom, there was no way I was going to win with coupons so I had to do some research.
- First, I checked out the best food deals for that week and planned my meals around the specials
- Second, because I knew I was shopping at Real Canadian Super Store, I looked through all the flyers and found the best deals available that week. I then took them to RCSS and price matched the majority of my shop. This brought the price down by 50%.
- Finally, I used my PC points, to bring my total down even further
- And lastly, I had a few coupons to help me buy my final items
You can check out the episode here to see how I did:)