- How Much Me Time is Enough?Posted 3 months ago
- How to Get Back Into Winter RunningPosted 3 months ago
- Amazon Prime: A Review – To Member or Not to MemberPosted 2 years ago
- Living The Bonus Round: Is This Having It All?Posted 2 years ago
- McDonald’s Salad Society Deliver’sPosted 2 years ago
- Berlin on a BudgetPosted 2 years ago
- Berlin Bound!Posted 2 years ago
- How To Stain Wood: A DIY Desk from Canadian TirePosted 2 years ago
- What You Really Need For Baby: A Minimalist GuidePosted 3 years ago
- Renovations in Toronto: It Begins – Part 1Posted 3 years ago
Toben Catering Provides Easy, Scrumptious Summer Dining
With the weather as gorgeous as it was this weekend, I couldn’t help but think of entertaining on a patio, or enjoying a meal in a friends backyard. Luckily, I was invited to Chef Toben’s catering event last week and he showed us how to make quick and easy meals that were as delicious as they were beautiful!
We started with delicious appetizers including grilled shrimp loaded with pineapple salsa followed by crostini’s. Once appetizers were finished, we moved onto some mains. We started with a chopped tropical salad topped with a piece of seared tuna.
This salad was gorgeous and delicious! Toben was kind enough to give us the recipe!
The chopped salad was made from a variety of tropical fruits chopped into 1inch cubes. It was dressed with lime juice, ½ teaspoon cayenne pepper, ½ teaspoon all spice, ½ teaspoon cumin, ¼ cup grapeseed oil, ½ bunch Thai basil – roughly chopped, and ½ bunch mint – roughly chopped. The Tuna was seared on both sides for only 15 seconds and then put on top of the salad, it was divine!
We then moved onto a Summer Nova Scotia Salad. It had fingerling potatoes, corn, fennel, asparagus and chorizo sausage. This was topped with lobster!
Finally, we ended the evening with a “Seared “AAA” Angus Beef Ribeye Steak and Heirloom Tomato Panzanella Salad”. Honestly, it was incredible! It was made from a variety of tomatoes, homemade croutons and topped with sirloin!
All of these meals were simple, and quick to prepare which is perfect for summer entertaining! Other tips included ensuring you pick up market fresh food, and buying fresh herbs and chopping them up over your meal to make it look more gourmet. Toben confided this was a chef’s secret!
You can check out chef Toben’s work here. He is available for catering and he also makes his own line of gourmet food. If you ever have the opportunity to check out Toben’s catering please do. Otherwise, I hope you get inspired by he above dishes!